MAGAZINE READERS ARE RECEPTIVE TO ADVERTISING THAT MATCHES THEIR PERSONAL INTERESTS
When readers choose to read a magazine, it is largely because its theme and topics are similar to how they see the world around them. When a magazine closely resembles an individual's tastes and identity, they develop a personal connection to the content and loyalty in a way few other mediums can match. The Gazette produces two niche publications geared toward affluent residents and visitors to Colorado Springs, Pikes Peak Parent and Springs Savings Magazine.
PERSUASIVENESS OF MAGAZINES ADS
The power of magazines:
- Consumers are less likely to multi-task and be more engaged when reading a magazine, allowing them to pay closer attention and retain the information.
- 91% of adults read magazines (GfK MRI, Spring 2013.)
- 52% of consumers recall an ad from a printed magazine. (Source: GfK MRI Starch 2012.)
- 59% of consumers take action as a result of seeing a magazine ad. (Source: GfK MRI Starch 2012.)
- An average reader spends approximately 40 minutes reading each print magazine issue. (Source: GfK MRI Fall 2012.)